Works Cited: You will need the handout on this topic from Week One. Note:
- Last name, then comma, then first name, then period. If there are more than two writers, provide one name and then add the Latin expression “et al.”
- The list must be in alphabetical order.
- Put quotation marks around the title of the article.
- Pay close attention to the way the date is written.
- Pay close attention to the punctuation.
- Include the article’s URL if it’s an online story.
Essay content: You have been given two sample essays. Now, follow these instructions:
- Draw a star on top of the sentence that shows the writer’s direct answer.
- Underline the writer’s reasons that he/she believes his/her answer is true.
- Highlight everything that should be considered evidence.
- Circle any sentences that include opposing views.
- Draw a rectangle around any transitional words or phrases.