Category Archives: Teaching
Watch the following video and then answer the question below:
Question: What can we learn from this news story?
(Note: This is now the end of Week 3. So, by now, you should know what kind of information to include in your writing – without any hints.)
Describe your favourite childhood toy.
Do you think it’s important for boys to play with “boys’ toys” and for girls to only play with “girls’ toys”?
Do you think it’s good if parents only buy “educational” toys for their children?
Pay attention to the lessons in class and think about one of the following topics. You will be writing about one of them.
- Sometimes people are unable to control the directions their lives take.
- A good life does not have to be complex.
- Each generation has something valuable to offer.
- With independence comes increased responsibility.
- Our views of the past change as we mature.
- Role models influence our lives.
Note that we will be working on this writing assignment this week and next week. You will be required to include the elements that we discuss in class.